Please read carefully
Viral and infectious diseases including but not limited to COVID-19, SARS, MERS and Influenza (the “Diseases”) are highly contagious and are believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. Public Health Guidelines have indicated that risk of transmission increases through singing or the use of musical instruments and equipment.
Notwithstanding attempts to put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of Diseases, Saskatchewan Music Festival Association (SMFA) cannot guarantee that you and/or your child(ren) will not become exposed to any Diseases as a result of participating in music festivals.
By signing this agreement, I acknowledge:
1. The highly contagious nature of Diseases and the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) and the Provincial and Territorial authorities recommend maintaining distance between participants to reduce the spread.
2. SMFA cannot guarantee that I and/or my child(ren) will not become infected with a Disease, and by voluntarily attending music festivals, I acknowledge that myself and/or my child(ren) are increasing our risk of exposure to a Disease.
3. I, and/or my child(ren) voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to myself or my child(ren), and hereby release, waive, discharge SMFA for any and all liabilities, claims, demands, actions and causes of action whatsoever, directly related to any loss, damage, injury or death that may be sustained by myself or my child(ren) related to any Diseases while participating in music festivals, including all activity necessarily incidental to attending music festivals that may lead to unintentional exposure or harm.
4. I, and/or my child(ren) understand and agree that this release includes any claims based on the actions, omissions or negligence of SMFA whether contraction of a Disease occurs before, during or after participation in any music festivals.
5. The execution of this Waiver and Release is a condition precedent to myself and/or child(ren) participating in the music festivals.
6. And, for and in consideration of being able to participate in the music festivals, I, and/or on behalf of my child(ren), irrevocably and unconditionally agree to fully indemnify the Released Parties from and against any loss, liability, damages, costs and expenses suffered by the Released Parties as a result of a claim made or proceedings commenced by myself or my child(ren) or by my heirs, representatives, assigns, against any other person, corporation or other entity (including the Crown) who claims, or whose representatives, successors claim contribution or indemnity from SMFA, or which otherwise results in SMFA suffering or incurring any loss, liability, damages, costs or expenses in relation to any Diseases.
7. I, and/or on behalf of my child(ren), understand that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
By signing below, I and/or my child(ren) acknowledge that we have carefully read this agreement and understand its contents; That we have been sufficiently informed of the risks involved and give our voluntary consent in signing it as my own free act and deed, free from any inducement, with the full intention to be bound.