In compliance with Saskatchewan Health Authority guidelines and Saskatchewan Music Festival Association (SMFA) recommendations, Nipawin Music Festival has the following guidelines and policies in place for the health and safety of all who take part in the Music Festival and all competitors, teachers, accompanists, spectators, adjudicators and festival volunteers must comply with the following:
- No spectators will be admitted into the venues. Only competitors, accompanists, adjudicators, teachers, volunteers and festival committee members will be admitted into the venue.
- All competitors, accompanists, adjudicators, teachers, volunteers and festival committee members must sign the SMFA Waiver and Release Form prior to the Festival start date. This can be found on the nipawinmusicfestival.ca website.
- Everyone entering the venues will be asked to fill out a COVID screening form and to fill out a contact tracing document. These must be filled out each time anyone enters a venue.
- Anyone who has any symptoms, have been tested positive for or have been in contact with someone who has been tested positive for COVID-19 within10 days prior to the festival will be asked to not attend or participate.
- Masks are mandatory by everyone including competitors regardless of what discipline they are performing in. Face shields are not a substitute for masks.
- Pianists, Violinists, Guitarists - competitors and accompanists - must use the provided hand sanitizer before approaching the piano or music stand. The piano, music stand and venue will be sanitized in between each session.
- Competitors will not be permitted to enter the venue until their session is about to start and must stay in the venue until the session is completed. Please observe the signs on the venue doors as to whether a session is still taking place.
- Unless the competitor is scheduled for the next session, they and their guests are asked to leave the venue when their session is completed.
- Please observe the directional signs for flow and seating as well as maintain physical distance requirements (3 meters).
- Competitors should stay seated at all times unless performing.
- All adjudication notes will be emailed to competitors and teachers typically by the end of the session day. Please inform the entry secretary, Myra Schmidt, if you did not receive your notes by the end of the festival week. No hand-written paper copies will be given out.
- Certificates for the class winners will be mailed out after the Final Program.
- All sessions and the Final Awards program will be streamed via Zoom (links to com).
- Only those selected to play in the Final Awards Concert will be invited to attend the Concert.
NOTE: These restrictions may be subject to change depending on the Health Order at the time of the festival. Please check the festival website prior to your session in order to be aware of the most up to date requirements.